- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch spinach, thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- calories 325
- fat 11 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 6 g
- polyfat 2 g
- protein 37 g
- carbohydrate 19 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 94 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 412 mg
- calcium 81 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Toss together the sweet potatoes, onion, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast 20–25 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cook for 5–6 minutes per side or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
Toss the sweet potato–onion mixture with spinach and fresh lime juice. Serve warm with chicken.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.