Chicken with Rice
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 pound(s) skinless bone in chicken- breast, drunsticks, thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 4 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup(s) long grain white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) saffron threads crushed
- 1 cup(s) frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350
- 2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 4 minutes a side. Transfer to lidded 2 quart casserole dish.
- 3. Ass bell pepper, celery, onion and garlic to skillet; cook stirring until softened, about 5 minutes.Stir on tomatoes with their juice and broth, bring to boil. Stir in rice, oregano and saffron; add to chicken
- 4.Bake, covered 25 minutes. Sprinkle with peas. Bake covered until chicken is cooked through, rice is tender and liquid is absorbed about 15 minutes. Serve with sprinkle cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carol25 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken with Rice Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes