Chicken with Red Bell Peppers, Tomatoes, Onions & Sausage
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 whole(s) frying chickens disjointed into 8 pieces and 2 whole chicken brests
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 8 whole(s) Italian hot sausages
- 3 medium onions thinly slices
- 5 medium/lager red peppers stemmed, seeded and juliened
- 2 pound(s) ripe tomatoes (~6 medium) skinned, seeded and juleinned (or 2 lb 3 oz can imported tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- In oil, sauté chicken (dried) on all sides. Put in bowl when browned. Brown sausage next. Remove and cut into slices ~ ¼ inch thick. Pour off all but 4 tbls fat and return chicken and sausage to pan. Add onions and garlic. Cover and cook until onions are soft (~8 minutes)
- Remove cover once or twice and stir; then add peppers. Stir and cover the pan. Cook for another 8 minutes.
- Finally, add tomatoes, stir, and add salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Chicken can be cooked up to several hours, or even a day, in advance to this point.
- To serve, reheat and spoon with the sauce into a large dish. Surround with cooked homemade linguine or 1 ½ lb cooked package spaghetti or linguine.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mcabloom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken with Red Bell Peppers, Tomatoes, Onions & Sausage Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes