Chicken With Potatoes, Green Beans, and Sun-dried Tomatoes
Any kind of potato will work in place of the fingerlings.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half, 2 potatoes, and 1/2 cup green beans)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 291
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrate: 31.5g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 432mg
- Calcium: 96mg
- 3/4 ounce sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil (9)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 fingerling potatoes (12 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups (1 1/2-inch) cut green beans (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices lemon (2 lemons)
- 12 kalamata olives
- Basil sprigs (optional)
- Combine sun-dried tomatoes and boiling water in a bowl, and let stand 30 minutes. Drain tomatoes; cut into thin strips, and set aside.
- Steam potatoes, covered, 5 minutes. Add green beans to potatoes, and steam, covered, an additional 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain vegetables, and set aside.
- Place flour, salt, and pepper in a zip-top plastic bag; add chicken. Seal and shake to coat. Remove chicken from bag, shaking off excess flour.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add chicken, and sauté 3 minutes on each side. Stir in wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add sun-dried tomatoes, lemon slices, and olives; cover and cook 2 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside, and keep warm. Add potatoes and green beans to skillet, and cook, uncovered, until thoroughly heated. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note