Chicken with Porcini Mushroom Sauce
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 182
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 27.5g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 184mg
- Calcium: 20mg
- 1/2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- Combine mushrooms and boiling water in a bowl; cover and let stand 20 minutes. Drain mushrooms, reserving 1/3 cup liquid. Rinse and chop mushrooms. Strain the reserved mushroom liquid into a bowl; add chopped mushrooms, broth, and next 3 ingredients, stirring well. Set aside.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Dredge chicken in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Add vermouth, and cook 1 minute. Add mushroom mixture; reduce heat to medium, and cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Note: Dried porcini mushrooms are available in large supermarkets. You can substitute dried shiitake mushrooms; remove stems after soaking.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note