I love the recipe!! I used pomegranate cherry juice and cherries. Cutting the chicken breasts to make them thinner would help the chicken be juicier but it was delicious. Definitely a repeat!
Chicken with Pomegranate-Sake Poached Raisins
Most of the sake's alcohol content will evaporate during cooking, but stirring an extra tablespoon of sake into the finished sauce enhances the dish without overpowering it.
Prep: 4 minutes; Cook: 17 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 280
- Calories from fat: 7%
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 39.9g
- Carbohydrate: 19.2g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 265mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sake (rice wine), divided
- 1/2 cup pomegranate-cherry juice
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried sweet cherries
- 1. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and red pepper, rubbing to evenly distribute spices. Coat chicken with cooking spray.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray; add chicken. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned; add 1/2 cup sake, juice, and raisins. Cover and cook 6 minutes or until chicken is done. Uncover and transfer chicken to individual plates. Cook raisin mixture, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- 3. Remove pan from heat; stir in 1 tablespoon sake. Spoon raisin sauce evenly over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note