I love the recipe!! I used pomegranate cherry juice and cherries. Cutting the chicken breasts to make them thinner would help the chicken be juicier but it was delicious. Definitely a repeat!
Chicken with Pomegranate-Sake Poached Raisins
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 280
- Calories from fat: 7%
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 39.9g
- Carbohydrate: 19.2g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 265mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sake (rice wine), divided
- 1/2 cup pomegranate-cherry juice
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried sweet cherries
- 1. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and red pepper, rubbing to evenly distribute spices. Coat chicken with cooking spray.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray; add chicken. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned; add 1/2 cup sake, juice, and raisins. Cover and cook 6 minutes or until chicken is done. Uncover and transfer chicken to individual plates. Cook raisin mixture, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- 3. Remove pan from heat; stir in 1 tablespoon sake. Spoon raisin sauce evenly over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes