4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 2 tablespoons raisin sauce)
Photo: Oxmoor House
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sake (rice wine), divided
1/2 cup pomegranate-cherry juice
1/2 cup raisins or dried sweet cherries
How to Make It
Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and red pepper, rubbing to evenly distribute spices. Coat chicken with cooking spray.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray; add chicken. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned; add 1/2 cup sake, juice, and raisins. Cover and cook 6 minutes or until chicken is done. Uncover and transfer chicken to individual plates. Cook raisin mixture, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
Remove pan from heat; stir in 1 tablespoon sake. Spoon raisin sauce evenly over chicken.
Really enjoyed this recipe. Things I did differently are:
- cooked chicken in stainless steel pan (not nonstick). Produces better texture, imo.
- used regular olive oil, not cooking spray
- used 4x the spice mixture and added pepper and Emeril's Essence spice mix
- used Cranberry - Pomegranate juice (couldn't find Cherry Pomegranate)
- used tart dried cherries (not sweet)
I would definitely make this again!