Chicken With Peppers, Broccolini, and Basil
Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 12 minutes.
More From Health
- Calories: 449
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Fiber: 10g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 163mg
- Calcium: 184mg
- 3/4 pound broccolini, stems trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat couscous
- 3 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch pieces, divided
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn and divided
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add broccolini; cook 3 minutes or until tender. Add 2 cups cooking water and couscous to bowl; cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain broccolini; transfer to plate.
- 2. Place wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Cook pepper, onion, and garlic, stirring, 4 minutes. Transfer to bowl; cover.
- 3. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to wok; cook chicken 4 minutes, stirring, or until almost cooked through. Add 1 tablespoon vinegar; cook 1 minute more or until chicken is cooked through.
- 4. Uncover couscous; stir in remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar and half of basil.
- 5. Top platter with peppers, chicken, broccolini, almonds, and remaining basil. Serve with couscous.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note