I love this recipe! I made it from the original magazine version years ago, and made it regularly for a while. I forgot about it, and found it again while searching online for chicken recipes. I have to resist the urge to make this every week. It's easy and delicious.
Chicken with Pecan Cream and Mushrooms
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Jan Gautro
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 378
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Protein: 33.9g
- Carbohydrate: 31.2g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 101mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 573mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 6 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Place pecans in a food processor; process until smooth (about 1 minute), scraping sides of bowl once. With processor on, add water and 3/4 teaspoon salt; process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl once.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add shallots and mushrooms to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in pecan cream; bring to a boil. Cook 1 1/2 minutes. Place 2/3 cup noodles on each of 6 plates. Top each serving with 1 chicken breast half and 1/3 cup sauce. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This