I love this recipe! I made it from the original magazine version years ago, and made it regularly for a while. I forgot about it, and found it again while searching online for chicken recipes. I have to resist the urge to make this every week. It's easy and delicious.
Chicken with Pecan Cream and Mushrooms
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Jan Gautro
A simple chicken sauté gets an elegant makeover. You can also serve with rice or orzo to soak up the succulent sauce. This sauce is also great made with roasted almond butter.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 378
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Protein: 33.9g
- Carbohydrate: 31.2g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 101mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 573mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 6 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Place pecans in a food processor; process until smooth (about 1 minute), scraping sides of bowl once. With processor on, add water and 3/4 teaspoon salt; process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl once.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add shallots and mushrooms to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in pecan cream; bring to a boil. Cook 1 1/2 minutes. Place 2/3 cup noodles on each of 6 plates. Top each serving with 1 chicken breast half and 1/3 cup sauce. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This