- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 6 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- calories 378
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 12.8 g
- satfat 1.6 g
- monofat 6.5 g
- polyfat 3.8 g
- protein 33.9 g
- carbohydrate 31.2 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- cholesterol 101 mg
- iron 3.4 mg
- sodium 573 mg
- calcium 32 mg
How to Make It
Place pecans in a food processor; process until smooth (about 1 minute), scraping sides of bowl once. With processor on, add water and 3/4 teaspoon salt; process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl once.
Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
Add shallots and mushrooms to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in pecan cream; bring to a boil. Cook 1 1/2 minutes. Place 2/3 cup noodles on each of 6 plates. Top each serving with 1 chicken breast half and 1/3 cup sauce. Garnish with parsley, if desired.