The preparation mentions coconut milk, but it isn't included in the list of ingredients. I would like to try the recipe if I knew the amount of coconut milk.
Chicken with Peanut Sauce
Serve this Thai-inspired dish with rice noodles. Spice up grown-ups' helpings with a sprinkling of red chili flakes.
Yield: 6 servings
Amount per serving
- Calories: (1/6 of recipe): 407
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Sodium: 397mg
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1. Trim green beans and break into small pieces. In a wok or heavy skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, toss the chicken with the curry powder. Place chicken in wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes, then add the beans and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, the peanut butter, and the soy sauce. Pour the mixture into wok, bring it to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the beans are tender.
3. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the parsley, and sprinkle remaining parsley on top.
How kids can help: Help trim green beans; break beans into pieces; whisk coconut milk, peanut butter, and soy sauce.
TIP: To speed up cooking, do prep work the night before: Slice meat, dice veggies, and stir together sauce ingredients, then store them in separate bowls in the fridge.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes