Chicken With Oyster Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 (3- to 3 1/2-pound) broiler-fryer, quartered
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (12-ounce) container fresh select oysters, drained and coarsely chopped
- Brown chicken in butter in a large skillet. Transfer to a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Add cream, salt, and pepper to baking dish. Cover, and bake an additional 30 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken; place on a serving platter, and keep warm. Reserve pan juices.
- Pour 3/4 cup of juices into a saucepan, and place over low heat. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add remaining reserved juices and oysters; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Spoon sauce over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes