Chicken with Orange-Chipotle Sauce
To save a little prep time, pound all 4 chicken breasts at one time rather than pounding each breast separately.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 291
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 40.7g
- Carbohydrate: 26.7g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 345mg
- Calories from fat: 8%
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Calcium: 85mg
- 4 large navel oranges
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Peel and section oranges over a bowl; squeeze membranes to extract juice. Set sections aside; reserve juice. Discard membranes.
- . Place chicken breast halves between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or a small heavy skillet. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon cumin. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken, and cook 7 minutes on each side or until browned and done. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
- . Add orange sections, reserved juice, honey, chile, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cumin to pan; increase heat to medium-high, and cook, uncovered, 7 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1 cup. Stir in cilantro and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Serve with chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note