This recipe has potential but is very bland.
Chicken with Mushrooms and Leeks
Wash the leeks thoroughly to rid them of any dirt and sand.
Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1/3 cup topping).
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 218
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 4.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 29.8g
- Carbohydrate: 14.9g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 495mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 2/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek (about 1 large)
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Set aside.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Dredge the chicken in the breadcrumbs. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, and sauté 3 minutes on each side or until chicken is golden brown. Remove the chicken from pan, and keep warm. Add leek and mushrooms to pan, and sauté 2 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned. Return chicken to pan, and stir in broth mixture. Cover the mixture, and simmer 10 minutes or until the chicken is done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes