Chicken with Mushrooms in a Light Balsamic Cream Sauce
- 1/2 pound(s) egg noodles cooked according to package
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- Salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 8 ounce(s) mushrooms sliced
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 Small yellow Onion finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoon(s) half-and-half
- Fresh parsley chopped
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through and reaches a temp of about 165 degrees.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the pan, and set aside.
- To the pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter and reduce the heat to medium.
- Add in onions and mushrooms and sauté until the onions are translucent and mushrooms are tender. Add in garlic and cook for about 2 minutes more.
- Season onions and mushrooms with a bit more salt, pepper, and add in 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour and allow it to cook for a minute.
- Slowly whisk in chicken stock, then balsamic vinegar. Whisk well.
- Add in half and half, and raise the heat to medium-high. Simmer the sauce until it stars to thicken, then reduce the heat to low and add the chicken to the pan, and simmer for about 3 minutes longer.
- To serve, arrange noodles in a bowl. Top with a piece of chicken and mushrooms balsamic cream sauce.
- Serves 4, enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Caylara and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note