Chicken With Mushroom Sauce
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- Olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 1/2 cup Marsala or white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 lemons, sliced
- Hot cooked spaghetti (optional)
- Tomato pasta sauce (optional)
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/2-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Combine 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a shallow dish; dredge chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip chicken in milk; dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Pour olive oil to a depth of 1/4 inch in a large skillet. Fry chicken, in batches, in hot oil over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in pan.
- Sauté garlic in hot drippings 20 seconds; add mushrooms, and sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add green onions, parsley, and capers; sauté 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve mushroom sauce over chicken. Serve with spaghetti topped with tomato pasta sauce, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This