As written, I found this recipe too busy--to many little pieces of things competing with one another. I almost didn't try it again, but tonight I made the recipe without the edamame and without the toasted coconut. Much better--I think the edamame just doesn't fit here. Also brought the calorie count down to 424. Some steamed broccoli made a nice side dish.
Chicken with Mango Salsa, Edamame, and Coconut Rice
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 562
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated fat: 6.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 50.2g
- Carbohydrate: 64.1g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 5.7mg
- Sodium: 603mg
- Calcium: 105mg
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cubed peeled ripe mango
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- Coconut rice:
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk
- Remaining ingredients:
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- To prepare sauce, combine first 10 ingredients in a blender; process until well combined. Set aside.
- To prepare salsa, combine mango, red onion, mint, and jalapeño in a medium bowl, tossing to combine.
- To prepare coconut rice, combine rice, coconut, salt, and coconut milk in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring once. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork; keep warm.
- Cook edamame according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Keep warm.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from heat, and cut chicken into 1/4-inch slices. Combine chicken and sauce in pan; cook 3 minutes or until done. Serve over rice; top with edamame and salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note