Love this! I've made it many times and this recipe is always a crowd-pleaser. Instead of edamame, I use black beans. I also omit the coconut from the rice recipe. In a pinch, I've also substituted pineapple for the mango in the salsa recipe.
Chicken with Mango Salsa, Edamame, and Coconut Rice
The sauce and salsa are versatile and go well with shrimp, pork, or salmon.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half, 1/2 cup rice, 1/4 cup edamame, and 1/3 cup salsa)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 562
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated fat: 6.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 50.2g
- Carbohydrate: 64.1g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 5.7mg
- Sodium: 603mg
- Calcium: 105mg
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cubed peeled ripe mango
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- Coconut rice:
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk
- Remaining ingredients:
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- To prepare sauce, combine first 10 ingredients in a blender; process until well combined. Set aside.
- To prepare salsa, combine mango, red onion, mint, and jalapeño in a medium bowl, tossing to combine.
- To prepare coconut rice, combine rice, coconut, salt, and coconut milk in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring once. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork; keep warm.
- Cook edamame according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Keep warm.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from heat, and cut chicken into 1/4-inch slices. Combine chicken and sauce in pan; cook 3 minutes or until done. Serve over rice; top with edamame and salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note