This was really yummy! I made the sauce in the same pan that I browned the chicken in, so I could get all the yummy browned chicken bits in the sauce too! While I made the sauce, I finished the chicken in the oven to ensure it was cooked through and the chicken came out really juicy. I added a little more chicken broth and stirred about 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese into the sauce. My husband raved about it and it made for great leftovers.
Chicken with Lemon-Leek Linguine
Add fresh flavors to a weeknight staple with this family-friendly chicken menu. Prep tip: Leeks can be full of grit, so it's a good idea to rinse well after slicing.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 474
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated fat: 6.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 46.8g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 121mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 592mg
- Calcium: 57mg
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, trimmed, cut in half lengthwise, and thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; keep warm.
- 2. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to an even thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish; dredge chicken in flour, shaking to remove excess.
- 3. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- 4. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, leek, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; sauté 4 minutes. Add broth and juice; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Add pasta to leek mixture; toss well to combine. Serve chicken over pasta mixture; sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note