- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, trimmed, cut in half lengthwise, and thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- calories 474
- fat 11.5 g
- satfat 6.2 g
- monofat 2.7 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 46.8 g
- carbohydrate 44 g
- fiber 2.3 g
- cholesterol 121 mg
- iron 3.8 mg
- sodium 592 mg
- calcium 57 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; keep warm.
Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to an even thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish; dredge chicken in flour, shaking to remove excess.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, leek, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; sauté 4 minutes. Add broth and juice; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Add pasta to leek mixture; toss well to combine. Serve chicken over pasta mixture; sprinkle with parsley.