Easy and delicious. I used thin sliced chicken breast. Took me less then 30 minutes to make this. Everyone eating loved this dish. I was told to put this on the remake list.
Chicken with Lemon-Caper Sauce
This simple take on chicken scaloppini is just the recipe when you're craving Italian for a weeknight meal. The lemon-caper sauce goes well with a white and wild rice blend on the side.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 267
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 40.5g
- Carbohydrate: 6.4g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 114mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 476mg
- Calcium: 30mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to an even thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish; dredge chicken in flour.
- 2. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes. Turn chicken over. Add broth, juice, and capers; reduce heat to medium, and simmer 3 minutes, basting chicken occasionally with sauce. Sprinkle with parsley; cook 1 minute. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- 3. Bring sauce to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until thick. Serve over chicken.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note