Chicken With Jalapeño-Peach Sauce
Yield: Makes 8 servings.
- 1 (21-ounce) can peach fruit filling, divided
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth, divided
- 2 (2 1/2- to 3-pound) whole chickens, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Process half of fruit filling and half of broth in a blender until smooth.
- Place chicken in a large roasting pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper, and brush with fruit filling mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until done.
- Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until tender. Add remaining broth, and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in remaining fruit filling and chiles, and cook just until thoroughly heated. Stir in chopped fresh cilantro, and serve with chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes