- 1 (21-ounce) can peach fruit filling, divided
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth, divided
- 2 (2 1/2- to 3-pound) whole chickens, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
How to Make It
Process half of fruit filling and half of broth in a blender until smooth.
Place chicken in a large roasting pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper, and brush with fruit filling mixture.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until done.
Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until tender. Add remaining broth, and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in remaining fruit filling and chiles, and cook just until thoroughly heated. Stir in chopped fresh cilantro, and serve with chicken.