Chicken with Green Onion Sauce
Dress up plain chicken breasts with a low-fat white sauce flavored with green onions, garlic and thyme. Serve over steamed rice so you won’t miss any of the savory sauce.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 155
- Fat: 2.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 28.0g
- Carbohydrate: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 195mg
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Calcium: 24mg
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Cooking spray
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine 1/4 cup broth and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add remaining broth, garlic, and thyme; set aside.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken, and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn chicken; add 2 tablespoons green onions. Pour broth mixture over chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is done, basting often.
- Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Bring sauce to a boil over medium-high heat. Scrape bottom and sides of pan, using a rubber spatula. Cook 2 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 3/4 cup. Pour sauce evenly over chicken, and top with remaining green onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note