Superb absolutely superb
Chicken with Green Olives
More From Southern Living
- 5 anchovy fillets
- 1 1/2 cups (8 ounces) green olives, slivered and divided
- 3 pounds chicken legs, thighs, and wings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Process anchovy fillets and 3/4 cup green olives in a food processor until chopped, stopping to scrape down sides; set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken on all sides in hot oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove chicken, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings in skillet; add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add white wine and vinegar; cook 2 minutes stirring to loosen browned particles. Stir in anchovy mixture and 2 tablespoons water.
- Return chicken to skillet, turning to coat pieces in sauce.
- Cook, covered, over medium-low heat 45 minutes or until chicken is tender. (Stir in additional water, if needed.)
- Add 3 tablespoons lemon juice, Italian parsley, and remaining 3/4 cup green olives; cook 1 to 2 more minutes. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note