Chicken with Fresh Apricots, Ginger and Cracked Almonds
- 16 whole blanched almonds (2 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 4 ripe apricots, pitted and quartered
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 scallion, white and green parts thinly sliced separately
- 1/2 teaspoon very finely grated lime zest
- 1/2 Scotch bonnet or habanero chile, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Put the almonds in a pie plate and bake for 8 minutes, or until fragrant and browned; let cool. Crack the almonds coarsely with the side of a large knife.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the apricots, cut side down, and cook over moderate heat, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Turn the apricots and cook for 1 minute longer. Transfer to a plate.
- 3. Add the olive oil to the skillet and heat until shimmering. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add them to the skillet. Cook over moderately high heat until browned, about 3 minutes. Turn the breasts and cook over moderately low heat until just white throughout, about 7 minutes longer. Transfer the chicken to the plate with the apricots.
- 4. Add the ginger, scallion whites, lime zest and chile to the skillet and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the wine and simmer over moderately high heat, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add the maple syrup, apricots and chicken and simmer just until heated through; season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Transfer the chicken to plates and spoon the sauce on top. Sprinkle with the cracked almonds and scallion greens and serve.
- Notes: One serving 381 calories, 14.9 gm total fat, 2.8 gm saturated fat, 14 gm carb.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes