Chicken with Fennel
More From Southern Living
- 2 fennel bulbs
- Seasoning Mix
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 purple onion, chopped
- 4 large carrots, coarsely shredded
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon anise liqueur (optional)
- Parsleyed couscous
- Garnish: fresh fennel fronds
- Trim bases from fennel bulbs; cut bulbs into thin strips, reserving fronds for garnish, if desired.
- Sprinkle 3 teaspoons Seasoning Mix evenly over chicken.
- Sauté chicken in 2 teaspoons hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Cut into thin slices; set aside, and keep warm.
- Sauté fennel, onion, and carrot in remaining 1 teaspoon hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until fennel begins to soften.
- Stir in chicken broth and remaining 1 teaspoon Seasoning Mix; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 8 minutes. Stir in milk and, if desired, liqueur. Return chicken to pan; cook 6 more minutes or until heated. Serve chicken topped with fennel mixture over parsleyed couscous. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used ouzo for anise liqueur.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note