This was just an ok dish. It didn't really have any flavors that stood out. We paired this with spaghetti squash, added in some white wine and a little feta, but it just didn't do it for us. Next ...
Chicken with Eggplant-Pepper Sauce
Randy Mayor; Melanie J. Clarke
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 194
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 27.9g
- Carbohydrate: 11.8g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 518mg
- Calcium: 29mg
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 medium red bell peppers (about 1 pound)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Slice eggplant in half lengthwise, and pierce skin with a fork. Cut tops off bell peppers; discard tops, seeds, and membranes. Place eggplant and bell peppers on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 8 minutes or until tender.
- While the eggplant cooks, combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, ginger, garlic powder, and 1/8 teaspoon red pepper; sprinkle the chicken with the ginger mixture. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook for 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.
- Combine eggplant and bell peppers in a blender or food processor. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon red pepper, 1 teaspoon oil, paprika, and juice; process until smooth. Serve chicken with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This