Chicken with Dried Tomato Sauce
Balsamic vinegar and dried tomatoes give this simple chicken dish sophisticated flavor. If one of your kids cleans his or her plate, you may have a future chef on your hands.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 219
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 40.3g
- Carbohydrate: 3.1g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 101mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 666mg
- Calcium: 30mg
- 1 (8-oz.) jar dried tomatoes in oil
- 4 (6-oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Garnish: fresh oregano sprig
- 1. Drain 1 1/2 Tbsp. oil from jar of tomatoes into a large skillet; set aside. Remove 1/4 cup dried tomatoes from jar, and finely chop. Refrigerate remaining tomatoes and oil in jar for another use.
- 2. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/2-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle chicken with 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper.
- 3. Heat 1 1/2 Tbsp. reserved oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- 4. Add chopped dried tomatoes, remaining 1/8 tsp. salt, chicken broth, oregano, and vinegar to pan; bring to a boil, scraping to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook 3 minutes or until broth mixture is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Serve sauce over chicken. Garnish, if desired.
- MENU IDEA FOR 4 * Chicken with Dried Tomato Sauce * Basmati rice * Steamed green beans
- GROCERIES NEEDED Check staples: salt, pepper, dried oregano, balsamic vinegar * 1 (8-oz.) jar dried tomatoes in oil * 4 (6-oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts * 1 (14-oz.) can chicken broth * 1 bunch fresh oregano (optional) * 1 package basmati rice * 1 lb. fresh or frozen green beans
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note