This is a tasty recipe! It was simple and easy to make. I halved the recipe, using 3 chicken breasts since there were 2 of us eating. I used 3 cups of organic chicken broth in place of the bouillon/water. Instead of adding the sour cream into the mixture I put a dollop on top of each serving. I will make this again but next time I will increase the curry. It was quite mild.
Chicken with Curried Rice
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 (3-pound) whole chicken, skinned and cut up
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 6 cups water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid from hot peppers in vinegar (optional)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Apple slices
- Brown chicken in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cover and cook 20 more minutes or until done. Remove chicken, reserving drippings in pan, and keep warm.
- Add carrot, chopped apple, and rice to skillet; cook, stirring often, until carrot and apple are tender. Stir in 6 cups water, bouillon, pepper liquid, if desired, and curry; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in sour cream; transfer to serving dish. Top rice mixture with chicken; sprinkle with green onions. Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a small skillet; add apple slices, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir rice and chicken, and top with apple slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes