This is a tasty recipe! It was simple and easy to make. I halved the recipe, using 3 chicken breasts since there were 2 of us eating. I used 3 cups of organic chicken broth in place of the bouillon/water. Instead of adding the sour cream into the mixture I put a dollop on top of each serving. I will make this again but next time I will increase the curry. It was quite mild.
Chicken with Curried Rice
- 1 (3-pound) whole chicken, skinned and cut up
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 6 cups water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid from hot peppers in vinegar (optional)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Apple slices
- Brown chicken in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cover and cook 20 more minutes or until done. Remove chicken, reserving drippings in pan, and keep warm.
- Add carrot, chopped apple, and rice to skillet; cook, stirring often, until carrot and apple are tender. Stir in 6 cups water, bouillon, pepper liquid, if desired, and curry; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in sour cream; transfer to serving dish. Top rice mixture with chicken; sprinkle with green onions. Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a small skillet; add apple slices, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir rice and chicken, and top with apple slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note