Chicken with Curried Apricot Sauce
Yield: 4 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 321
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 29.1g
- Carbohydrate: 40.1g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 306mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 regular-size bag boil-in-bag rice, uncooked or 2 cups hot cooked rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (about 1 clove)
- 1/2 cup no-sugar-added apricot spread
- 3 tablespoons canned no-salt-added chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While rice cooks, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- Add garlic to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Combine apricot spread, chicken broth, and curry powder, stirring well. Add apricot mixture and chicken to skillet. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in sour cream and remaining 3 ingredients; simmer 2 minutes. To serve, place 1/2 cup rice onto each of 4 individual serving plates. Top with chicken. Spoon apricot sauce evenly over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes