- 1 regular-size bag boil-in-bag rice, uncooked or 2 cups hot cooked rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (about 1 clove)
- 1/2 cup no-sugar-added apricot spread
- 3 tablespoons canned no-salt-added chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- calories 321
- caloriesfromfat 11 %
- fat 4.1 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 29.1 g
- carbohydrate 40.1 g
- fiber 0.6 g
- cholesterol 73 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 306 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
While rice cooks, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
Add garlic to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Combine apricot spread, chicken broth, and curry powder, stirring well. Add apricot mixture and chicken to skillet. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
Uncover and stir in sour cream and remaining 3 ingredients; simmer 2 minutes. To serve, place 1/2 cup rice onto each of 4 individual serving plates. Top with chicken. Spoon apricot sauce evenly over chicken.