- 1 (10-oz.) package plain couscous
- 4 (4- to 6-oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (7-oz.) container hummus
- 4 pita bread rounds, cut into quarters
How to Make It
Prepare couscous according to package directions.
Brush chicken with 1 Tbsp. oil; sprinkle with 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
Cook chicken, covered, in a large nonstick skillet or grill pan, over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes on each side or until done.
Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, next 4 ingredients, and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Stir tomato mixture into prepared couscous.
Divide couscous mixture, hummus, and pita bread quarters among 4 serving plates; top each with 1 chicken breast.