Chicken With Cider and Bacon Sauce
Cheryl Alters Jamison and Bill Jamison, Cooking Light JANUARY 2005
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bacon slices, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) minced fresh onion
- 3/4 cup(s) unsweetened apple cider
- 1/2 cup(s) fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- 2. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan. Add chicken to drippings in pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- 3. Add onion to pan; cook 2 minutes or until tender, stirring constantly. Add cider and broth; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook until broth mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup (about 5 minutes). Stir in cooked bacon; serve sauce over chicken.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note