I've made this several times. I serve over steamed rice and always add some diced avocado over the top with the cilantro.
Chicken with Chunky Pepper Sauce
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Cindy Manning Barr
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 286
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 41.2g
- Carbohydrate: 11.6g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 495mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen pepper stir-fry, thawed
- 2 teaspoons chopped drained canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 medium lime, quartered
- Place thawed pepper stir-fry and the chipotle chiles in a blender or food processor, and pulse 10 times or until coarsely chopped.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken breast halves between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken; add pepper mixture. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add lime juice, oil, and salt; cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Spoon 1/4 cup pepper sauce onto each of 4 plates; top each serving with one chicken breast half. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cilantro, and top with 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream. Serve with lime quarters.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note