1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Place first 7 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Add potatoes to pan; simmer 5 minutes. Remove potatoes with a slotted spoon. Strain milk mixture through a fine mesh sieve over a bowl, reserving liquid; discard solids. Return liquid to pan. Add flour and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to pan; cook 4 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly with a whisk. Remove from heat. Arrange half of potatoes in a 9 x 5-inch metal loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle half of cheese over potatoes. Arrange remaining potatoes over cheese. Pour milk mixture over potatoes. Cover; bake at 350° for 1 hour. Remove from oven.
3. Preheat broiler.
4. Sprinkle remaining half of cheese over potatoes. Broil 5 minutes or until browned.
5. Prepare grill for indirect grilling, heating one side to high and leaving one side with no heat. Pierce bottom of a disposable aluminum foil pan several times. Place pan on heated side of grill; add wood chips, thyme sprigs, and rosemary sprigs to pan. When chips are smoking, place another foil pan (do not pierce) on unheated side of grill; add mushrooms. Cover and smoke 20 minutes.
6. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan. Increase heat to medium-high. Heat butter in drippings in pan. Add mushrooms to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add kale and next 3 ingredients (through 1/8 teaspoon pepper); cook until kale is tender and liquid almost evaporates, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with bacon.
7. Preheat grill to high heat.
8. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with potatoes and mushroom mixture.