Chicken with Black Beans and Rice
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 1/2 to 3 pound(s) meaty chicken pieces (breast halves, thighs, and drumsticks)
- 1 15oz. can(s) black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 14 1/2oz can(s) diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 cup(s) tomato juice
- 1 cup(s) whole kernel corn
- 2/3 cup(s) long grain rice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- -In a large resealable plastic bag combine flour, 1 teaspoon of the chili powder, the salt and pepper. Add chicken pieces, half at a time. Seal bag; shake to coat.
- -In a very large skillet brown chicken on all sides in hot oil over medium heat about 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside; discard drippings. Add beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato juice, corn, uncooked rice, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, the cayenne pepper and garlic to the skillet. Bring to boiling. Transfer rice mixture to a 13x9x2-inch baking dish or 3-quart rectangular casserole. Arrange chicken pieces on top of the rice mixture.
- -Bake, covered, in a 375 degrees oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and rice is tender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tjcavallucci and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken with Black Beans and Rice Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles