this was an easy dish, but the taste was just okay. I would definitely reduce the amount of juice if I made it again.
Chicken with Black Bean Sauce
Look for black bean sauce in the Asian section of the supermarket. Serve with rice stick noodles.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 3 ounces chicken and 1/4 cup sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 256
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 28.1g
- Carbohydrate: 17.1g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 476mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast cutlets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine orange juice and the next 6 ingredients (through pepper), stirring with a whisk.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. Dredge chicken in breadcrumbs. Add half of chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Repeat the procedure with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and chicken. Remove from pan. Add orange juice mixture to pan, and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Serve the sauce over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes