1. To prepare balsamic red onions: heat olive oil and add red onions over low heat. Cook for about 30 mins until they are soft and begin to brown. Add sugar and stir to slowly caramelize. Add balsamic vinegar and cook for another 10 minutes allowing the liquid to reduce.
2. Cook bacon in a pan sprayed with cooking oil until crispy. Remove and cut in small bits.
3. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and cook for about 3 minutes on each side in same pan as bacon. (For maximum flavor cook in the oil and flavor left behind by the bacon.)
4. Spread goat cheese over chicken breast and top with red onions.
5. Serve chicken with one cup of spinach on each plate sprinkled with bacon bits.
Go to full version of