Chicken with Balsamic Red Onions and Goat Cheese
Chicken breast topped with goat cheese and balsamic red onions. Can be accompanied with a spinach salad with pancetta.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 piece(s) chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/4 cup(s) red onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) honey
- 4 ounce(s) goat cheese
- 2 slice(s) turkey bacon
- 2 cup(s) fresh baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. To prepare balsamic red onions: heat olive oil and add red onions over low heat. Cook for about 30 mins until they are soft and begin to brown. Add sugar and stir to slowly caramelize. Add balsamic vinegar and cook for another 10 minutes allowing the liquid to reduce.
- 2. Cook bacon in a pan sprayed with cooking oil until crispy. Remove and cut in small bits.
- 3. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and cook for about 3 minutes on each side in same pan as bacon. (For maximum flavor cook in the oil and flavor left behind by the bacon.)
- 4. Spread goat cheese over chicken breast and top with red onions.
- 5. Serve chicken with one cup of spinach on each plate sprinkled with bacon bits.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marianajasso and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken with Balsamic Red Onions and Goat Cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes