Chicken with Apples
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 Granny smith apple cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 4 4 oz boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) apple cider
- 1/4 cup(s) apple cider vinegar
- 3 cup(s) cooked wide egg noodles
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and saute the apple 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, 3-5 minutes longer. Transfer to a plate.
- Sprinkle the chicken breast with the cinnamon, salt and pepper. Heat the remaining oil in the same skillet. Saute chicken until browned. 4-5 minutes each side. Transfer to another plate.
- In the skillet, cook the onion, covered, until tender, 6-8 minutes. Stir in the cider and vinegar. Simmer for 2 minutes. Return the chicken to the skillet; simmer, spooning the sauce over chicken, until chicken is cooked through and liquid is reduced by half, 4-5 minutes.
- Return apples to skillet, cook 2 minutes until heated through. Serve over noodles.
- Number of Servings: 4
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carol25 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken with Apples Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes