Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic
The abundance of garlic mellows in flavor during roasting.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 1 Hour, 55 Minutes
- 2 (3-pound) whole chickens
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 40 garlic cloves, unpeeled (about 3 bulbs)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Garnish: fresh thyme
- Rinse chickens, and pat dry with paper towels. Place 4 thyme sprigs in cavity of each bird. Rub each chicken with 2 tablespoons softened butter. Squeeze a lemon half over each chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Tie ends of legs together with string; tuck wing tips under. Place chickens, breast side up, in a well-greased shallow roasting pan.
- Toss garlic with olive oil in a bowl. Scatter garlic cloves around chickens, snuggling them close to chickens.
- Bake at 375° for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thigh registers 180°.
- Remove chickens and garlic to a serving platter. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This