In the picture these wings were either grilled or broiled off. I think that would be a better way to cook these, especially as wings in a slow cooker are soft and mushy, not crispy, which would be what makes them so enjoyable. My son even bakes or grills carry out wings more at home often, as they are sometimes not crisp enough, or soften as you bring them home.
Chicken Wings with Spicy Chili Sauce
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 8 Hours
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings (about 13 wings)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chili garlic sauce (we tested with Tuong Ot Toi)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Celery sticks
- Cut off wingtips, and discard; cut wings in half at joint.
- Combine syrup and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl; reserve 3/4 cup marinade, and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large zip-top freezer bag; add chicken and seal. Refrigerate 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken, skin sides up, on a lightly greased rack in a broiler pan. Broil, 3 inches from heat, 8 minutes or until browned.
- Place wings in a 3-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours. Serve with reserved 3/4 cup marinade and celery sticks.
- Spicy!: The spiciness of this appetizer varies depending on the brand of chili garlic sauce used.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This