I have this planned for tomorrow nights dinner, so in the interest of saving a bit of time I made the blue cheese dip tonight. This was a new one for me as I have never made it, but we had just recently came in to quite a bit of fresh blue cheese crumbles and decided to give it a go. This was absolutely delicious! Can't wait to see how the wings turn out.
Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dip
This party-ready chicken wing recipe will not disappoint especially if you make and serve the blue cheese dip on the side.
More From Allyou
Chill: 2 Hours
- Calories: 531
- Fat: 44g
- Saturated fat: 14g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 141mg
- Sodium: 616mg
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (such as Frank's RedHot)
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 pounds chicken wings, tips removed, wings separated at joints
- 1. Make dip: In a bowl, combine blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, lemon juice and garlic powder, stirring well. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- 2. Make wings: Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place a large cooling rack on top of sheet and mist with cooking spray.
- 3. In a small pan, combine ketchup, hot sauce, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, sugar and butter. Cook over low heat, stirring, until well combined and smooth. Pour into a bowl and let cool.
- 4. Pour 1/4 cup of sauce into a small bowl; cover and set aside. In a large bowl, toss wings with 1/2 cup sauce until coated. Place wings on rack. Roast for 10 minutes, then brush with more sauce. Roast 10 minutes longer; brush with more sauce. Turn wings over, brush with sauce and roast 10 minutes. Brush with more sauce and roast for a final 10 minutes.
- 5. Remove wings to a large bowl and toss with reserved sauce. Serve with blue cheese dip on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note