I have this planned for tomorrow nights dinner, so in the interest of saving a bit of time I made the blue cheese dip tonight. This was a new one for me as I have never made it, but we had just recently came in to quite a bit of fresh blue cheese crumbles and decided to give it a go. This was absolutely delicious! Can't wait to see how the wings turn out.
Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dip
This party-ready chicken wing recipe will not disappoint especially if you make and serve the blue cheese dip on the side.
More From Allyou
Chill: 2 Hours
- Calories: 531
- Fat: 44g
- Saturated fat: 14g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 141mg
- Sodium: 616mg
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (such as Frank's RedHot)
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 pounds chicken wings, tips removed, wings separated at joints
- 1. Make dip: In a bowl, combine blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, lemon juice and garlic powder, stirring well. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- 2. Make wings: Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place a large cooling rack on top of sheet and mist with cooking spray.
- 3. In a small pan, combine ketchup, hot sauce, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, sugar and butter. Cook over low heat, stirring, until well combined and smooth. Pour into a bowl and let cool.
- 4. Pour 1/4 cup of sauce into a small bowl; cover and set aside. In a large bowl, toss wings with 1/2 cup sauce until coated. Place wings on rack. Roast for 10 minutes, then brush with more sauce. Roast 10 minutes longer; brush with more sauce. Turn wings over, brush with sauce and roast 10 minutes. Brush with more sauce and roast for a final 10 minutes.
- 5. Remove wings to a large bowl and toss with reserved sauce. Serve with blue cheese dip on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This