Good as written and better with ~1 tsp vinegar and Tabasco to taste.
Chicken and White Bean Soup with Greens
More From Health
- Calories: 209
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 259mg
- Calcium: 80mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced leeks, white part only
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup (1/4-inch-thick) slices carrot
- 6 cups reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups skinless, boneless, shredded, rotisserie chicken
- 1 (2-inch) fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup packed roughly chopped fresh kale
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Heat oil in a stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, 3–4 minutes or until tender but not browned. Add carrots, and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add broth, chicken, and rosemary; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, skimming occasionally.
- 2. Add beans and kale, and simmer for about 5 minutes more. Add spinach, and cook 2–3 minutes more or until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Remove rosemary sprig and garlic clove. Ladle soup into 6 warm bowls; sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon parsley.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note