Very easy to make! You can use a pre cooked roaster chicken or pan fry and shred chicken filets. Tasty combination of spices along w/ very healthy lean chicken, protein packed beans and kale make this a delicious soup choice. Didn't change a thing!
Chicken, White Bean and Kale Soup
Tender chunks of roast chicken, creamy white beans and fresh kale combine with a sprinkling of herbs and a bit of chicken broth to make a surprisingly hearty meal. FREEZER MEAL: Let the soup cool completely before transferring to freezer safe containers. Soup can be reheated in the microwave or it can be thawed first and then reheated on the stove-top. Recipe by Mary Younkis, Barefeet in the Kitchen.
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 small chopped small
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cup(s) chicken stock or 8 cups water plus 3 tablespoons chicken base
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt, add more to taste depending on how salty your stock is
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cup(s) cooked white beans or 2 cans white beans (no need to drain the beans)
- 3 cup(s) cooked chicken, chopped bite size
- 4 cup(s) kale leaves, removed from the stem and chopped bite size
- Topping: freshly grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano, 1-2 tablespoons for each bowl
- Heat the oil over medium high heat in a large soup pot. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and continue cooking until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the stock, white beans, chicken and all the spices.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for just long enough to warm the beans and the chicken. Add the kale and let it simmer for just a moment to wilt it slightly. Scoop into bowls and top with generous amounts of freshly grated Parmesan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note