Chicken, White Bean and Green Chile Corn Chowder
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) frozen chicken breasts
- 1 yellow onion, chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 3 cup(s) cooked great northern beans, or 4 cans
- 1 cup(s) frozen corn kernels
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped roasted green chili
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) chicken base or bouillon
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 3/4 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- In a large crockpot (or a large stockpot on the stove), combine all ingredients EXCEPT for the sour cream and heavy cream. Stir a bit to combine the spices with all of the liquids and then cover with the lid. Simmer on low for 6-7 hours, just until the chicken is tender and can be easily shredded.
- When the chicken is cooked through, remove to a plate and shred with tongs, leaving it in bite-size chunks. Place the chicken back in the crockpot and turn off the slow cooker. Place the sour cream and heavy cream in a small bowl and add about 1/2 a cup of the soup broth. Whisk together until smooth. Pour the cream mixture into the rest of the soup and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note