Chicken and Waffles
The freezer aisle of your grocery store is stocked with a hearty selection of whole-grain toaster waffles that have less than 100 calories per serving. That's a low-calorie, grain-rich base for tasty combos that go way beyond butter and syrup. The fruity options are great, but we love savory ones, too.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 228
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 19g
- Sodium: 299mg
- 1 Van's Multigrain Belgian waffle
- 2 ounces shredded skinless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- Start with Van's Multigrain Belgian waffle. Add chicken and arugula tossed in olive oil, honey, and balsamic vinegar. Top with chopped red onion.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note