We weren't expecting much from this, but it was awesome! I did sub smoked turkey breast for the chicken breast, since we prefer it, and that made the whole thing extra smoky and tasty. YUM. I'm already brainstorming other sandwiches I can make with waffles...
Chicken and Waffle Sandwiches
Breakfast meets dinner in this play on the Southern favorite.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 355
- Fat: 19.5g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 7.4g
- Protein: 16.3g
- Carbohydrate: 33.5g
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 39mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 739mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 4 slices lower-sodium bacon, halved crosswise
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 frozen whole-grain waffles, toasted
- 6 ounces thinly sliced, lower-sodium deli chicken breast
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices ripe tomato
- 4 Boston lettuce leaves
- 1. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- 2. Combine mayonnaise and the next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl.
- 3. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over 4 waffles. Divide chicken, bacon, tomato, and lettuce evenly among servings. Top with remaining waffles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes