Fantastic! I made ground chicken breast patties in place of deli meat (1 lb. ground chicken, 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup grated zucchini to keep them moist, 1 tsp. garlic, 1/2 tsp. each salt & pepper). The mayo mixture was delicious in the sandwich. Great alternative to the traditional fatty, calorie laden chicken & waffles.
Chicken and Waffle Sandwiches
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl
Breakfast meets dinner in this play on the Southern favorite.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 355
- Fat: 19.5g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 7.4g
- Protein: 16.3g
- Carbohydrate: 33.5g
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 39mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 739mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 4 slices lower-sodium bacon, halved crosswise
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 frozen whole-grain waffles, toasted
- 6 ounces thinly sliced, lower-sodium deli chicken breast
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices ripe tomato
- 4 Boston lettuce leaves
- 1. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- 2. Combine mayonnaise and the next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl.
- 3. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over 4 waffles. Divide chicken, bacon, tomato, and lettuce evenly among servings. Top with remaining waffles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note