Fantastic! I made ground chicken breast patties in place of deli meat (1 lb. ground chicken, 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup grated zucchini to keep them moist, 1 tsp. garlic, 1/2 tsp. each salt & pepper). The mayo mixture was delicious in the sandwich. Great alternative to the traditional fatty, calorie laden chicken & waffles.
Chicken and Waffle Sandwiches
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 355
- Fat: 19.5g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 7.4g
- Protein: 16.3g
- Carbohydrate: 33.5g
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 39mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 739mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 4 slices lower-sodium bacon, halved crosswise
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 frozen whole-grain waffles, toasted
- 6 ounces thinly sliced, lower-sodium deli chicken breast
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices ripe tomato
- 4 Boston lettuce leaves
- 1. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- 2. Combine mayonnaise and the next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl.
- 3. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over 4 waffles. Divide chicken, bacon, tomato, and lettuce evenly among servings. Top with remaining waffles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes