The avocado folded into the stuffing was the tipping point for me. This was so creamy and cheesy, I never in a million years would have guessed this came from a cooking light magazine. I love this dish!
Chicken Verde Enchiladas
How do you shred chicken superfast? Insert two forks into the meat while it's still warm. Then pull apart to shred.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 25 Minutes
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 6.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 620mg
- Calcium: 267mg
- 3/4 cup prechopped onion
- 3/4 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro stems
- 2 tablespoons sliced pickled jalapeño pepper
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast (about 2 cups)
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, coarsely mashed
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 4 ounces reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shaved
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 1. Place oven rack in lower third of oven, and preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes. Stir in chicken; cook 1 minute or until heated. Remove from heat. Stir in tomato, sour cream, and avocado.
- 3. Stack tortillas; wrap stack in damp paper towels, and microwave at HIGH for 45 seconds. Spoon 1 cup chicken mixture into an 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture in center of each tortilla; roll up. Arrange tortillas, seam sides down, in baking dish. Top with cheese. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note