- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lbs.)
- GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup GOYA Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (about 1½ cups)
- 2 teaspoons GOYA Minced Garlic, or 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon GOYA Oregano Leaf
- 1 cans (8 oz.) GOYA Tomato Sauce
- 12 GOYA Manzanilla Olives Stuffed with Minced Pimientos, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons GOYA Capers
- 2 GOYA Bay Leaves
- 1 GOYA Pickled Jalapeño Pepper, finely chopped (about 1 tbsp.)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups cooked CANILLA® Extra-Long Grain Rice
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
How to Make It
Place chicken breast between plastic wrap sheets; using mallet, pound chicken to ¼” thickness; repeat with remaining breasts. Season chicken with adobo. Heat 2 tbsp. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until light golden brown on both sides, flipping once, about 7 minutes; set aside.
Add onions; cook until soft and translucent, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and oregano to pan; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more. Add tomato sauce, 1 cup water, olives, capers, bay leaf and jalapeños to pan; bring tomato sauce mixture to boil.
Transfer chicken to pan; cook, flipping once, until coated in sauce and cooked through, about 15 minutes more. Remove chicken from pan; stir remaining oil into tomato sauce mixture.
To serve, divide chicken and sauce evenly among serving dishes; sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with rice and lime wedge.